Followers

Wednesday 28 November 2018

Squirt's Pot!



When I first saw the http://www.hobbyartstamps.com/Garden-of-Wonders.html 
Set I just knew I had to make a scene with Squirts pot. Those you follow my daily ramblings will know of The three Baskervilles so called as they are big dogs and we live in Plymouth close to Dartmoor where Arthur Conan Doyle took inspiration for his book The Hound Of The Baskervilles.

Jilla Pierrot and Squirt are their names . Three funny loving protective Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
For those who dont know.  Squirt is the youngest … the funny one the mad one the one who inevitably finds trouble even if she doesn't actively looks for it! 

Our garden has to be reached by going down two flights of stairs,  being Plymouth its hilly. So while you walk straight into our house on the first level to reach the garden you have to walk into the kitchen and then go down the stairs to the back garden …
In the garden we have a hole in the wall mainly for drainage but … we also have a toad who lives there... its dark and damp and reaches far back so he is safe from inquisitive Baskervilles.  In front of the hole is the remains of the mimosa tree that we had to cut down a few years ago … the Toad and snails are often found around that part of the garden... I let that little bit grow a little bit wild  there is an ornamental grass that seems to have taken root … while I wouldn't have planted it.  It provides cover and insects for the toad.
Squirt often visits that part of the garden the sniffs and grass provide her with endless amusement. Squirt also has taken to carrying an old flowerpot around she holds it in her teeth and takes it to show Toad. Putting it on the tree trunk  And giving it a stern look in case it decides to move. Sometimes Pot seems to have a life of its own … as it blows in the wind, this frustrates our not so bright Ridgeback who expects Pot to stay where she has put it. And not travel up to the other side of the garden when the wind blows it around ….  So this really is a little glimpse of Squirts Pot and her toady friend. Snails et all ….. 



Just because you have to kiss a lot of Toads before you find your prince ! 




http://www.hobbyartstamps.com/Zebras.html

Just because Zebras don't have to be Black and white xxx and I dont "DO " Monochrome !  Hope you like these I must admit I do when I first opened the envelope I knew what I was going to do …. Again time was against me I am still in the throws of cleaning and decorating after the house fire …. I will get to play more with these I have somewhere animal prints that would look so nice with this set x again I would colour them and not leave them Black and white xxx Look forward to playing and showing you hopefully soon xxx 






Hope you like this months samples
 xxx Crafty hugs xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment